Akino's WoW Adventures

Akino: Gnome, Rogue in the World of Warcraft. Spawned in the Land of Coldridge... Grew up with Wolves and Trolls..

Monday, October 30, 2006

Final Destination

A while ago I had a goal, it was small then..
My goal was shattered when I found out that I had no way of getting back to Moonglade and Darkshore after I had hearthed home to Stormwind..:(
But today, I found out by asking around and doing some research that I Could go there again. Just that it would take me a long time.. but lots of interesting expeditions would perhaps come from it..
I travelled from Stormwind to Loch Modan where I realised I had a long lost quest waiting for me to do, it was too hard for me to do at that time, but lately my skills have been advanced and so I felt I could take on such creatures..
My duties included:
Traverse Dun Algaz.
Kill 8 Dragonmaw Scouts and 6 Dragonmaw Grunts.
Report to Valstag Ironjaw in Menethil Harbor.
---
All was in my plan as I needed to go to the Harbour in order to travel to my designated place..
However.. those scoundrels were so ruthless they jumped on me and teared me apart many times.. I was on the verge of giving up when at last help was there for only that moment, delaying the attacks and enabling me to complete half of my quest..
The rest of my quest awaited me.. I just needed to venture further into unknown lands..
It was fun, but it was long and slightly boring..
I cut across the wetlands and encountered some strange beasts on the way.. I skinned some dragons that others had killed and when I finally reached Menethil Bay I swam across the sea to the Harbour.. there I connected the flight path yey~
I was tired.. I went and talked to some quest givers and got some gifts from the trick or treat lady..
After resting in a boat that was not moving [I was waiting and waiting for it to move but it was actually a boring statue boat just for looks!] I ran towards the other side of the pier and just missed my boat to Kamildor :S
So then I went swimming for some stranglekelps and just made it for the next boat..
Man I was relieved I caught that one..
However.. when I arrived, I was in a strange land, it was gloomy and dark and had no life in it..
I wondered where it was...
I asked and researched on it.. Apparently it was a dangerous place to be in if I walked a step outside the town :S
I realised I had caught the wrong boat! dang... the other boat on the opposite side of the pier would go to the place I wanted!...
Decisions decisions.. what was I to do? I asked a friend who said that I could either catcha boat back and catch the other one.. or I pay some silver to ride the griffon .. but that would take a longer time..
Catching the boat was more of a hassle so I decided to pay some silver and enjoy the nice view below me... There sure were a lot of strange creatures and much land to explore.. "Nice" I thought.. because it means I won't be bored hehe..
Upon arrival I needed to do some errands like sort out my quests from last time.. and also look for the place on the map..
I was to head for Ashenvale which was south of Darkshore and Auberdine [where I had landed]
So I walked and walked and tried not to let any temptations of lucious flowers or beasts interrupt me hehe... but I still had to kill some.. maybe should have killed more, for I had some quests to do there.. but.. no time.. I had a goal and I was determined to meet it..
Man, that was a long walk.. asking for guidance along the way.. and getting yet another trick or treat.. this time it was trick.. but a nice one.. I got a ninja suit :)
Finally!!!!! I arrived at the designated place! I went in and found the lady Shandria [i think was her name] and asked to buy the book.. it costed 1 Gold! wow.. all the way for that... what was the book?
The Expert Cook book! "Ohhh" you might say "bleh cooking" some others might say.. but it was my dream to be an experienced cook and now I could achieve it!
Lovely.. I held that book delicately in my hands and learnt alll that was needed! now I can cook more complicated things.. so lovely.. XD

Phew.. well that was my adventure.. such a long one..but many things learnt and well worth it.. [I have more interesting things to do and explore now ;) no more boring redridge mountains.. hated them.. the gnolls.. the trolls grr.. ]
:D

6 Comments:

Blogger Sam Ngai said...

Hehe sounds like you had lots of fun today. Exploring, exploring.

12:14 AM  
Blogger zillidot said...

Yay for expert cooking!

My friends think I'm crazy that I levelled up cooking and fishing all the way to 300...

Can you cook Savory Deviate Delights? They are fun =)

4:13 PM  
Blogger youna said...

ooooh savory deviate delights! i was listening in to a guild convo.. someone there could do it..
nah i doubt i can do it
how many ingredients does it require?
im only 160 atm i think?

3:18 AM  
Blogger zillidot said...

You need deviate fish and mild spices =)

The spices you can get from any cooking vendor.

As to the fish... well, you'll need to go fish in the Barrens. You can find the recipe there too, but it might take a while =)

It's fun! It changes you into a pirate or a ninja.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh really? u mean eating that will turn u into a ninja? does it give u any stat boosts?

is deviate fish hard to catch? what lv fishing do u have to be.. and what about lv in cooking? :)

2:14 AM  
Blogger zillidot said...

Nope, no stat boosts. Just makes you look cool =)

It's not hard to catch... not sure what level fishing, but definitely less than 100. And the cooking level you need is around 85 I think.

The hardest part is finding the recipe =)

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home